History

Company History

Levy School Bus Company is a family-owned and operated transportation business which has provided bus service to the general area going back to 1927 when Warren B. Levy, the founder now deceased, bought an existing local two-bus business. The home office and terminal was and still is in Trumbauersville, Pennsylvania. The original service area of the business was expanded over the years to include local bus route service, intra-state group and party services, special excursion services and school bus service.

After becoming active in the business in 1947 B. Franklin Levy, with his father’s help, directed the business into a corporate form specializing in the school bus transportation area.

After receiving his bachelor’s degree in business administration in 1970 Warren M. Levy replaced his grandfather on the management team. Warren then took over the management of the home office, the Quakertown Community School System and the Bucks County Intermediate Unit.

In October 1987, our Company celebrated its 60th anniversary and honored our employees with a joint 15th Annual Safety Dinner. At this meeting B. Franklin Levy announced his retirement effective January 1, 1988. At the time, the Company was operating approximately 150 pieces of equipment serving thousands of school students.

Warren M. Levy lead the company from 1988 till 2013. Under his guidance we purchased Custer’s Garage, Inc, another bus company from Limerick area, servicing the Spring-Ford School District.

Warren Levy Junior now heads up the Management Team of the Levy School Bus Company. At the present time the Company operates over 200 pieces of equipment serving approximately fifteen thousand school students in Bucks & Montgomery Counties, Pennsylvania.

In addition to good management the accomplishment of a good transportation system depends upon good maintenance, good drivers, good equipment, and a good contract. In these areas we plan to do for you exactly what we have done for our present customers, which has given us the record and reputation of which we are most proud.